9/28/09

Spreadsheet check box formatting

Microsoft excel do have lots of tools that can be use for your report. It depends on your needs and the nature of your report.

One of the helpful tools is FORM TOOLBAR.

If you need check box:

Choose check box from the FORM toolbar then right click to format the control ..value checked then choose cell (ex. A1) you want the value to appear ..the default value is true..

***I your check box is unchecked the value will change to false (you can hide it or select a remote location if you don't like it to be visible.

***You can also sum it up by adding the cells immediately..( true=1 and false=0)

***Can play with it also by using conditional formatting (use other unused cell)
=if (A1,"CHECKED MESSAGE","UNCHECKED MESSAGE")
ex =if (A1,"I LOVE YOU","I HATE YOU")
explanation: It means that if checked the value what will appear is I love you and if unchecked appeared I hate you

No comments:

Post a Comment